Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP - the return to reality

Returning to reality is not an easy task.  Finding a home for all my swag and shop hop goodies took some doing but alas I did locate the table under it all and began to sew again.

October is flying by and I finally had a chance to work on the x+ blocks for F+F=AMSB.  Deciding on fabrics and cutting (almost) all of the parts is as far as I've gotten. Emily posted her block choice before I left for Sewing Summit and it was all I could do to stay focused and refrain from starting - this group manages to pick the top of my to do list designs every time.
Her colors are hot pink, gray, black/white, text and chartreuse: all readily available in my stash.

Somehow in my Sewing Summit Recap posts here, here and here... I manage to miss picturing the WIP from Amy's Precise Piecing class. Could it be that I hadn't fully unpacks everything by chance?
They look all wonky from having been crammed in a suitcase but they measure up nice and precise thanks to her tips and tricks.  Amy was so great about sending us all home with the parts and directions for the remaining blocks.  Starching may be my new best friend after working this way.

What's New?

The QCR curve-it-up Churndash for the 4x5 bee is the block I'll be making for my hive.  Just need to dust off my favorite ruler and get busy.  Jenny and her sister are coming up with such great variety I'm happy to tag along in the QAL even if I can't find time to make them all.

I signed up for the Post-Summit Swap and will have my partner assignment soon. I'm glad it's a quick turn around and am excited to create something special.  Posting to the recap linky should count as a finish, right? I'm loving seeing all the pictures and comments. 73 and growing - I hope everyone will link to a post in the end.

Now that the new roof is on we're testing out house paint colors. The body (lower left) is a bit less gray and more khaki green, we really like it. There are so many decisions to be made about which color goes where because of the California Bungalow style that it is. For now it's up in the air but getting closer. It'll be a fun day to post my first finished quilt on the porch photo with the house all done.

Linking up to WIP with Lee at Freshly Pieced. 
Finished:0
Progress:2
More MQG Retreat Goodies
F+F=AMSB x+ blocks
New Projects:3
Post Summit Swap 
Hawaiian themed donation
No Progress:
Everything Else
Happy Quilting, Karen

2 comments:

  1. wow, busy times! I haven't even unpacked my swag yet! ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're way ahead of me. Still have swag to put away. First bee is in my calendar in January.

    Glad you're enjoying sewing. I love reading your blog and see what's happening.

    I might find my swag this week if the steam punk costume (girl is making it( gets done and I can see my sewing table again. :/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!