Friday, December 7, 2012

Fancy Fabric Envelope - Lucky Me

Fancy Fabric Envelope by capitolaquilter
Fancy Fabric Envelope, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr.
Getting myself in the Holiday Spirit with my latest Ruby Star Wrap Along - the Fancy Fabric Envelope.  One of the top items to catch my eye when I got the book. I must say I needed more pictures than words for these instructions and ended up just kind of winging it.  I had my cute fabric all picked out and wasn't going to keep quilt math from trying.

When I read Lee's math comment on Freshly Pieced about directional fabric for the back and that saved me from making the trees stand on their heads - I put them on the inside instead.   These little Christmas trees may be the only ones in our house this year unless we get our act together!

Winning Keeps Coming 

One of the things that has sparked excitement about the Holidays is reading and writing all of the comments on the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway.  Many were about favorite traditions or special plans.  It got me thinking.  Lucky me, I won four fat quarters of Heather Ross's Far Far Away Three from Caila Made!  Super Thrilled.  I'm sure there are many many happy winners out there today - congrats to all and Thank You to participating bloggers.

The wonderful Jennifer at Knotted Thread held a giveaway for those who made Sandy Help blocks and sent me the Notting Hill FQ bundle in Teal.  I just had to get the Poppy color as well from her etsy shop.  She's so quick and thoughtful.

The Gift Certificate from Pink Chalk didn't burn a hole in my virtual pocket for long. I ordered some of the newly released Architexture by Carolyn Friedlander along with some other goodies while I was at it.  Thank you Sukie and the Ruby Star Wrapping Along sponsors (linking up again this week) - you're just too good to me I should be the one wrapping up a present for you!

Only a few more weeks left and they are all with some of my favorite bloggers:
12.10.12 Maureen of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
12.12.12 Sara of Sew Sweetness
12.14.12 Colleen of The Busy Bean
12.17.12 Amy of Diary of a Quilter
12.19.12 Monica of Happy Zombie


Wishing you all good luck and good fortune :)

1 comment:

  1. Your envelope looks great! And congrats on your wins - that is really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!