My new Patchwork Please book arrived just as the kitchen chapter was wrapping up and the projects for baby began. I'm so happy to have finally linked up to the Zakka 2.0 SAL with this adorable Yum-Yum Bib. Dozens of fabric strips were auditioned and it took me a ridiculous amount of time to decide - probably longer than actually sewing it. I used packaged bias binding and stitched it down my machine - but other than that I kept to the directions.
Tomorrow's Dino-Mite Hat is scheduled on the hop- talk about cute! I just love seeing how different all the versions are. I'm not sure if I'll partake in the Books for Baby Quilt since I'm juggling way more partially complete baby quilts than any human should.
In fact... here's my progress of Taffy in Bike spread out on my bed. Really missing the design wall. The parts are being sewn together in chunks because I didn't remember that the center wheel square was directional and attached the sided oriented wrong. Instead of unstitching I decided to just group them rather than sew in rows. With seems ironed open, it's all the same in the end.
Two more finishes to share: The cradle sheet needed elastic and I hunted through my notions and came up with nothin' so I bought some and now it's complete. My July Goal for ALYoF is the cradle set and now the sheet and bumpers are done so that leaves the quilt: linking up to mid-month check in.
The binding is also on the latest of my donation quilts to our SBAMQG charity group Pay It Forward. I'll be turning in Log Cabin Fairies at our August meeting and will get a full shot of it to post.
Quilted but not yet trimmed
Thanks for all of the quilt name ideas on flickr and facebook. I've decided to call this one Ring Around the Briar Rosies thanks to Anne & Emily and the pattern design name is Skipping Stones as suggested by katedeerie who said: "the circles kind of look like the plips in the water after a rock skips across them". Now I just have to make one in blues!
Ring Around the Briar Rosies
The pieced backing of Anna Maria Horner flannel is all complete so next up is sandwiching. Maybe I'll work on the back for Rip Curl so I can do both at the same time since both are Q3 FAL goals.
Rip Curl quilt front
My BabyLock Symphony
Happy 1st Birthday to my sewing machine - I had it cleaned on Friday. It's done me good and I want to keep it that way! A lot of other BabyLocks come with girl names like Elizabeth, Sophia, Jane, Grace and Molly but mine doesn't - I really should just give her a proper one.