Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Introducing Tire Rotation and more

Since I linked up last week I didn't think I had much to show but there's been a little bit of movement in my list so I thought I'd join the fun - here you go:
Tire Rotation - top done and redone
After sewing the centers together with the wrong orientation I managed to attach them incorrect again and didn't notice until the borders were on, after unpicking, rotating the squares and resewing them back, I have renamed the quilt from Taffy in Ride to "Tire Rotation"
Yum-Yum Bib, my first Zakka 2.0 project
Log Cabin Fairies binding on - all done!
AMH Flannel back for Ring Around The Briar Rosies
My Heather Ross Briar Rose quilt has also been officially renamed to "Ring Around the Briar Rosies" and I'd like to remake it in blue and greens to call the pattern "Skipping Stones".

Linking up to Finish it Up Friday with Amanda at Crazy Mom Quilts. Lucky duck is on her way to a weekend retreat and to Whoop Whoop Friday where you can see Sarah's bit of Christmas in July. 

The list of things To Do still outweigh the others and yet I'm moving forward and that's what matters, right?  Linking up to WIP Wednesday with Lee at Freshly Pieced.   

Finished:
Cradle Sheet 
August charity Fairies quilt 
Yum-Yum Bib

Progress:
Tire Rotation aka: Taffy in Ride (top done and fixed)
Ring Around the Briar Rosies backing done, ready to sandwich
Sewing Room ReDo - keep tackling notions!
Fall Quilt Retreat research and planning

Still To Do:
SBAMQG Negative Space secret swap 
Two fabric basket covers (1 lining done)
baby shower bunting and runner
moby style wrap 
2 bee blocks (paper pieced f+f2 July)
21st Bday Quilts (x3!)
more curtain panels (yawn)
Cradle Quilt (top done, binding chosen)
Rip Curl Backing
sandwich, quilt and bind Fruit Salad
X-Plus quilt
Sparkle Punch
more Zakka 2.0 Patchwork Please SAL

7 comments:

  1. Love the tire rotation blocks. Your colour and fabric choices really make the pattern stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tire Rotation is great - I have never seen this block before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Tire Rotation! I suck at naming things and that one is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all the trouble, Tire Rotation looks fabulous and well named!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new name - so fitting with all the orientation problems you experienced. So glad I saw this at the BAM retreat so I could snatch up some of this fabric before it was all gone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, your tire rotation looks harder than the real thing! :) A whole lot prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tire Rotation is such a clever name after the fixing you had to do. When I make mistakes like that, I usually have to put projects away for a good long while before addressing them, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!