Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Final Quarter 2014


1. IG mini swap. 2. King Clam 3. Improv 4. Greek plus puss 5. Redwood Grove 6. Alternative Grid 7. Veggies 

Last quarter I was able to finish all three items.  Had this linky been a few days ago I could have included my Amish: The Modern Muse entries but now they fall happily into the finished category.  Fingers (and toes) crossed that they are chosen to hang in the community exhibition.  I learned so much and pushed myself really far on both of these.  Wish I'd taken better photos before submitting them:
Look Who's Walking
I was terrified of the high contrast thread breaking across the ribbons but that ends up being one of my favorite elements.  Also, the change up of thread color was super fun.

The back shows the quilting pretty well and the binding color I love with both sides. 
Capitola Crossing
Close Up
This is the closest I've come to matchstick and it was kind of fun - on a mini!  I had considered hand stitching with Aurifil 12 wool the center "belly button" and decided to leave it as is.

Linking up to FAL Q4 Goal setting party at The Little Thistle and WIP Wednesday with Freshly Pieced and Let's Bee Social and Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.  

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Your submissions look amazing! I really like how you quilted them. I have yet to try matchstick quilting, but I think it wise to start with a mini. Good luck with your Q4 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic submissions and I agree that the quilting is amazing. Good luck with your Q4 goals - the veggies look fun to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Look Who's Walking quilt. Best of luck with Q4 - I'm always more productive with goals and deadlines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing! Love the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your finishes. I am planning my list ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. boy I love both of these! Hope they are accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! I really love the Capitola Crossing - I haven't tried a black background quilt, yours is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the veggie blocks -- I'm such a sucker for blocks like that -- good luck on your fall goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both finished quilts are beautiful. I especially like the back you chose for your Amish Muse quilt. The vegetables are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Amish inspired quilts! Beautiful use of colour, and the straight line quilting give them a wonderful modern edge.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!