Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 2013 Fresh Sewing Day

July 2013 Mosaic by capitolaquilter
July 2013 Mosaic, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr.
It's been a good month. Linking up to Lily's Quilts for Fresh Sewing Day  My bee blocks were delivered ON TIME, my fabric is now safe from harmful UV, I got to play along a little with Zakka2 SAL, completed 5 of the 9  FAL Q3 goals..

With July behind us it feels like Summer is zipping by.  Normally, I'd find that depressing but August has a fabulous workshop on the calendar with Weeks Ringle so for that I am happy to see the page flip.

Our Negative Space secret swap item exchange will happen at the South Bay Area MQG August Guild meeting and we'll be taking Fall Retreat Sign Ups. I'm looking forward to finding out who is planning to attend.

August also means Baby Shower FUN- and even a new baby girl if she decides to make an early appearance!

Here a better look at the first of what I hope to be many for 100 Quilts for Kids Link Up at Swim Bike Quilt between now and September 30th. A traditional log cabin with a bit of a twist for the blue placement to give it an "off" appearance.  I also had fun mimicking the border geometric shapes for the FMQ which can be seen on the flannel backing.
39"x55"
Binding on and complete
FMQ done at SBAMQG Sew Day
Top done at BAMQ Retreat
So goodbye July - bring it on

2013 so far: a look back at June, May, April, March, February and January mosaic posts

2 comments:

  1. Busy as usual! Love those crystal blocks - wow! And curious if you saw the new polaroid swap starting up? Thought of you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, all of it. I especially like the charity quilt--the off centered blocks are a lot of fun. Thanks for linking up to 100 quilts (a bit late on my part). Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!