Monday, May 3, 2021

Quilty Honors

I’ve been quilting more in 2021 so far than all of 2020 and hope to be blogging more frequently as well.

Today I want to share a few honors kicking off with joining the Aurifil Artisan Team  announced today on their Auribuzz website.  It's an amazing lineup of makers and is sure to be a Blast!  I'll be sharing my projects occasionally here on the blog, but regularly on Instagram, so follow me HERE

Aurifil Artisan 


Aurifil Artisan Team 2021

It's no secret that I am a big fan and have used Aurifil thread in much of my quilting and am excited to explore some of the other weights that I haven't tried.  


Visuals #4 National Quilt Competition 

Watching the Spring Quilt Festival Online awards on Wednesday live on my computer and hearing that it my quilt won Best Use of Modern Traditionalism in the Mid-Modern category was thrilling.  They are keeping the show open until the end of the month, so you can still check it out.

my Instagram post

In November, our local South Bay Area MQG held our 9th annual Fall Quilt Retreat but in a virtual format.  They did an amazing job with impressive attendance.  One of the activities was to create a Lone Round Robin quilt using specific prompts.  My quilt hung the others in a special exhibit - digitally that is. Pajaro Valley Quilt Association put together an online version of their show. 

Limbo 42"x62" 2020

I dove wholeheartedly into creating Limbo and it is the most "authentic" design in recent memory.   The maximalist in me loves scrappy and taking advantage of being at home with endless resources available was key to the organic development of the piece.  

The MQG Retrospective Exhibit 

“Bend, don’t Break “ was created for and originally exhibited in Nashville GA for the QDAD Quilt Design A Day challenge QuiltCon exhibit in 2017.  It is currently in Paducah KY, one of 35 quilts chosen to represent and making this an incredible honor. 


Photo from the National Quilt Museum


You can see more photos on the museum's Facebook page. My quilt is in great company with Christine Perrigo's Northern Obsession,  Sheri Cifaldi-Morrill's Big Love and more.  

Bend, don't Break 62"x62" 2016

Happy Stitching!
Karen


4 comments:

  1. Gosh, you're just the bomb! I so admire your skills and abilities to have created these beautiful quilts, and have them displayed in prestigious quilt shows. Congratulations! Also, my congratulations for being accepted into Aurifil's Artisan program. I was turned down for the second time. Happy to know you'll blog more frequently. Since the pandemic, blogging has been my lifeline. But it hasn't been fun adjusting to the changes Blogger has made in the platform. (IE: By July 1, dropping Feedburner for email followers.) Such changes make blogging challenging for those of us who do it just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Linda. I am going to try my best on blogger despite having neglected it in recent years. Sorry that you weren't accepted as an artisan but good for you for putting yourself out there and applying.

      Delete
  2. Wow, all sorts of good stuff! So pleased for you on all counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know - pretty big milestones in my journey. Thanks for your encouragement and comments Debbie!

      Delete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!