Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday - New, Old and ongoing

Briar Rose QCR quilt
I'm super excited about my (new) finished top made from the adorably vintagey line from Heather Ross, Briar Rose.  I made it using the Quick Curve Ruler QCR and created a design that feels sweetly traditional. Help me give it a proper quilt name - any ideas?
Flannel Backing for Briar Rose QCR quilt
Usually I like to use contrasting colors for the backs of my quilts but I am trying to be good about pulling from stash. These lovely Anna Maria Horner flannels should play well with Briar Rose and a pop of green solid binding will give it a nice punch.
Fabric Stash Curtains Open
Protecting my stash from light
The Sewing Room Redo finally included hemming the room darkening drapes and installing them to help protect the precious.  For now, I'm just pulling them to the side with some twine so that I can enjoy the view while I'm working in there.  The bunting from Sewing Summit makes it a little bit more festive   when they are closed.  Sorting of notions is still to be done but I managed to relocate my quilt books.

Finished binding Row Robin
It felt good to hand stitch the binding on Row Robin. Although I'm glad I discovered and embraced machine stitching it for the charity quilts, I have missed this step.
Cradle Bumper finished
Linking up to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts with three whole items all the way done and to Show Off Saturday at SewCanShe.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday with Lee at Freshly Pieced. She's straight line stitching an adorable baby chevron, check it out.  My list has some roll overs and some new adventures since my last link up mid-June:

Finished:
Cradle bumper
Fabric stash curtain panels
Row Robin quilt

Progress:
Briar Rose QCR quilt (new & top done, binding & backing chosen)
Cradle Quilt (top done, binding chosen)
Cradle Sheet (needs elastic)
Rip Curl Backing
August charity Fairies quilt (binding cut)

Still To Do:
SBAMQG Negative Space secret swap 
Two fabric basket covers (1 lining done)
baby shower bunting and runner
moby style wrap 
2 bee blocks (paper pieced f+f2 July)
21st Bday Quilts (x3!)
more curtain panels (yawn)
Taffy in Bike
sandwich, quilt and bind Fruit Salad
X-Plus quilt
Sparkle Punch
any Zakka 2.0 Patchwork Please SAL
Sewing Room ReDo - tackle notions!

14 comments:

  1. Love those Briar Rose colors! I am not at all good about naming things- my current project is "Matt's college quilt" which is ummm not the least bit creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love that Briar Rose top! Jenny's QCR is the bomb! Thanks for linking up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your briar rose top is beautiful! Have you heard that the NYC MOD quilt guild is having a modern double wedding ring challenge? I've had curves + DWRs on the mind lately and that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this ;)

    Details here if you're curious: http://nycmetromodquilters.blogspot.com/2013/07/nyc-mod-double-wedding-ring-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that Briar Rose top is just wonderful with that pattern! Congratulations on a winner!!! I am loving your stash too!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you name that quilt anything but "Ring around the rosies"? ;)

    You're being all uber productive again, Karen. Can I have some of that energy?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabric stash is impressive :-). I love the briar rose quilt - so lucky you have the fabric, I paid for mine and I am just waiting. I also love your binding selection for the row robin quilt. Great job - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! That Briar Rose top looks incredible!! I would panic with all of those curves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you covered your fabric stash! I honestly didn't even think about that. Maybe in the next place I will be able to. I also love what you have done with the curve ruler! I have yet to try that, but you make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I really like Ring Around the Roses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fabric stash!! Such a pretty quilt. I think I definitely have to get some Briar Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! All that fabric! I'm drooling! I have no suggestions for a quilt name, but those curves are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the orange and pink color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful as always. Question about your fabric storing techniques: do you put your fabric on boards before putting them on the shelves? I'm trying to figure out the best way to store and display my stash and yours looks so organized and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!