Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 2013 -Fresh Sewing Day

I thought that August was all about the Baby Shower but when I made my mosaic I found it also included secret gifts, bee blocks sent and milestone progress on my xPlus bee quilt.

  • Vase: Vinyl lettering: first time & pretty easy.
  • 2 polk-a-dot container covers: challenging but successful after much procrastination
  • 1 matching rocking chair cushion: forgot to take a picture
  • set of 3 Baby Shower buntings: I could have made dozens, so addicting
  • zippered two-sided boppy cover: made despite my zipperphobia
  • 4 final 24" xPlus blocks for the xPlus Top 96"x96" - and a photo shoot: super excited!
  • 2 Log Cabin F+F2 blocks for Rebecca: on time and mailed off = pat on the back
  • assemble Guild churndash blocks (this was technically July but because the collaborative project was hush hush I couldn't share it last month. Read all about it and see more pictures in this post at PlayCrafts)
  • Secret Swap negative space table runner: first time doing orange peel - and I liked it

What is NOT in the mosaic is my August goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes and Tire Rotation although I did make the back so there was progress.   It's linky time for goal setting September and I just don't have the heart to roll it over...we'll see.

That's a wrap for summer.... Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.

Linking up to Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects .....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a busy enough month to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really love your x plus quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a very productive August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice month! I really need to learn how to make those mosaics. . .

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!