Monday, May 22, 2017

a Dozen Done for 21


One day I will write a post and share all 12 quilts that I've made for my nieces, nephews and own kids that were gifted for their 21st Birthdays but that would require actually having decent photos of them all and knowing where to locate those pictures!  Until then, I'm celebrating a big landmark.  The final (tardy) finish of the last one.  They were all made and delivered on time - until I got to making them for the guys.

Each person was allowed to give input on color and general taste although my own two boys had a bit  more hands on contribution choosing fabric.


This scrappy One-Corner Log Cabin in Blues and Tans shown above will be gifted this weekend in person - which is so much nicer than sending a package off and crossing your fingers it isn't lost in the mail.  The pattern is by Pam Rocco and was started in a local guild workshop.  I love the way the center dark blues give a sturdy vibe to the design.

The flying geese border was a modification to a pattern that my oldest son chose from a magazine as I recall.  

This was a fun make using the strip ruler.  I think I spent as much time on layout as piecing and then ended up going fairly predictable (for me).

The herringbone isn't hard but gave me such pause for concern along the way.  I had originally chose to make a labyrinth pattern then changed to Japanese jigsaw, ditching that attempt after making some of the parts and settled on this inspired by a swap runner that I had received.  I'm really pleased in the end.  Finished in 2014, it just so happens to fall in the Greenery "Just For Fun" category of 2017 Pantone Quilt Challenge linky party.  


My youngest was so patient as I chugged along sewing his Delectable Mountain.  Friends nicknamed it my Retreat quilt because I worked on it at SO many!

This WIP was one that I decided might be a little too modern in design so I'm waiting for the right match to gift it to.

Happy to cross another off the lists.




1 comment:

  1. What an excellent achievement! Congratulations! They are all wonderful finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!