Wednesday, April 11, 2018

2018 FAL Q2 Goal Setting - My Nine


Making Prints out of Solids


Hello There and Welcome! 

If you're looking for the Online Book Tour Blog/IG Hop for Stacey Day's newly released "Child's Play Quilts" and see Butterfly Kisses revealed, you can find it HERE.  

If you're looking for the 2018 FAL Q2 Linky Proposed Goal Party you can find it HERE.

If you want to read all about what my next quarter goals are, stick around.



Stretch:  Many of these BeeSewcial 2016 blocks were hand delivered to me in Pasadena at QuiltCon two years ago. With a cohesive limited palette I thought the prompt would be easier to compose into a quilt but have been quite puzzled by the puzzling when attempted many times so far including two full days of the recent March retreat. (Roll over from Q1).

Eyes: These gorgeous BeeSewcial 2017 blocks have been staring at me begging to become the quilt they are meant to be. Top of the goals as I have come pretty close on the layout and love, love them. (Roll over from Q1)

Ultra Violet Pantone challenge: I’ve ditched the granny blocks and will make an Improv Abstraction Log Cabin class sample for a workshop being developed .(modified Roll over from Q1)

MQG Riley Blake fabric challenge: Link up is a few weeks away so this one will hopefully happen quickly. (new since Q1)

Bits Play Composition: The partially completed top from the Maria Shell workshop last weekend has the strongest pull and it has been difficult to set it aside due to other deadlines (new since Q1)

Ocean Improv: Birthday of a friend who I'm just beginning to make a quilt for. Fortunately he likes batik and improv and it will be fun to sew from stash and scraps. no real deadline (Roll over from Q1)

Color Study Bar Quilt: Tara Faughnan’s workshop. I was on a roll with many more strips already cut. I’ve raided some strips for other use so they have already contributed to finishes but is no closer to being done. (Roll over from Q1)

Nosey Kitten Quilt: Blocks and layout are decided. Jen Carlton Bailey workshop. (new since Q1)

Psychedelic: Katie Pedersen’s workshop. More fabric arrived yesterday so I can repeat similar blocks. (new since Q1)

Not officially on the list but on my radar are three Secret sewing projects:
Quilt (an absolute must)
Quilt (really should do)
Zipper pouch swap (due June)

Well last quarter I only got one checked off the list so you'll notice quite a few rolling over to the next quarter and that's OK because quite a lot of other stuff got started and finished so I'm happy.  

Linking up to the Proposed Goals linky party that is open now HERE- Won't you join me?!?  

Find out all the details by visiting the permanent FAL tab at the top of the page.  In a nut shell: Write up your Q2 FAL Goal list on a blog or on Instagram, post a picture and Link up (Just once, not individually like you did for the finishes). The countdown clock at the bottom of the linky party will show you how much time is left before it closes.  

GIVEAWAY Reminder:  

You can enter to win a copy of Stacey's new book Child's Play Quilts on IG simply by regramming a photo of the Butterfly Kisses quilt from my feed HERE, follow and tag @staceyinstitches and myself @capitolaquilter and she'll pick a winner on April 21st. 

For another chance, my blog followers can comment on her post HERE simply let her know you're popping into say after seeing my post. Simple! 

Happy Stitching, Karen

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous list. Can't wait to see the finishes one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I’m really looking forward to seeing those “eyes” all stitched into a quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy quarter you are going to have! That is quite a list. I don't know that I need a new quilt book, but I'd love to have a chance at it. But what is regramming? I have an instagram account but I'm not very familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you finish! From one host to another thanks for linking up with the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!