Saturday, June 4, 2022

Aurifil Artisan 2022-2023


What a thrill to be selected one of the 40 Aurifil Artisans for the 2022-2023 season. My welcome package arrived and I’ve already dipped into the cone of Forty3 Sandstone to quilt a secret sewing project. 


I’ve learned a lot and branched out to experiment with thread weight and type this last year and look forward to the new challenges and showcases ahead.  Hint hint, you won't have to wait long. 

Following the #aurifilartisan hashtag on instagram and signing up for the Auribuzz newsletter and both great ways to discover makers and be inspired by their projects.  

I especially love the wealth of information to be learned on the Thread Matters tab. 

Here's a peak inside the box - it's an amazing assortment.  


Be sure to check out the bios and creative style of the other 39 Aurifil Artisans on the announcement post.  To learn even more about each throughout the year, the Aurifil Instagram feed  "Take Over" weekend is fantastic.  I'm already gathering ideas of what to include when it's my turn. 

I used the same photo for my bio although I really do need to figure out how to take a selfie with my glasses on without glare. You might see some familiar faces but also find new friends like I have. 


Happy Stitching, Karen 

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you were selected as an Aurifil Artisan, Karen! You have such good enthusiasm for participating, and learning new things. Your thread goodies look interesting. I have no doubt you'll be creating many beauties with these threads. Congratulations for being chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for being selected, Karen. I look forward to another year of your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!