|MQG mini swap|
I've been in several secret swaps both virtual via Flickr, IG and Facebook group based and also with my local MQG. They are one of my favorite things to do because despite the nerve-wracking-ness of wondering if they will like it or if they will flake and drop out just when you've tailored it specifically to their interest, the mystery and suspense if pretty darn fun.
I figured that there are a ton of fans out there and it would hopefully only narrow the field. More choices to be made - the quilting on such an eye full. The aurifil 40wt in a variety of colors seemed like a good choice to carry the color out a bit into the neutral.
Experimenting with a heavily pieced top layer to see if I could pull it off. Up until now I'd been avoiding that due to bulk but now that I know it can bee done it opens a whole new freedom for designing.
There was a piece of left over Ink & Arrow Fabrics Pixie Square Dot binding from my Dare to Fly quilt so I positioned it to match up with one curves and wrapped it around the upper corner. I'm really pleased with the end result and will find out a week from today at the meet up if my partner agrees. If it's a little too unique, let's hope they have a decent poker face so I won't be crushed.
Considering we are half way through Q1 FAL and this is my first of six goals you'd think I'd be bummed. Nope. Pleased as can be to be checking one off the list. I'm also using the same goals like for our local guild WIPitgood challenge.
I've also made progress on the other To Do list of 7 items on my radar described in this post . Only two are outstanding, which is outstanding!
1) My January beesewcial Resolution block was mailed and received.
2) QuiltCon quilts hang sleeve, labels, shipping done with confirmation the package arrival.
3) Not only prepped for but attended the Open Wide workshop, finished and gifted the pouch - boom! 4) "Get a Grip" for our local show is finished and delivered to the person who will be dropping it off - (sadly the same weekend as QC)
5) Handmade to wear to QC - not so far but there's still a few hours left before I depart.
6) bi-monthly BOM isn't due until March, so plenty of hope for that.
7) Cinderella dress and mermaid doll fully mended.
I won't be posting on the blog until after I return from my trip but if you're on Instagram, follow me there as I intend to share a lot. A LOT.