Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP a bit WIP-less SS'12


WIP-less Wednesday - I can get on board for that.

foundation piecing class
Here are a few of my Sewing Summit projects fresh from the suitcase.  I will be posting an official recap for the link upbut here's a few pictures from my trip until then.
edit: SS recap post the Pictorial Novel here and Blast & a Blur here

Don't you love how all the colors go together? I used the pallete builder at Play Crafts - it was fun to hear the buzz about them last weekend. Check out their flickr group.

I don't know how it's been an entire week since I posted the WIP from the airport waiting to board the plane with my newly finished tote in hand.
Here I am with Lee - in person - yeah!  She was sweet enough to pose for a picture before class and even posted an instagram of my Supernova Bag.
Embroidery Basics in the Lobby
Rachael at Imagine Gnats brought together a wonderful group and lots of great supplies - embroidery in  the lobby of Little America.  I made my pin cushion an orange pumpkin instead of the traditional red tomato.
Rebecca, Karen, Me = Seger Success
Using Frippery by Thomas Knauer purchased at Material Girl during the shop hop, my metal frame is a favorite. I didn't make it into his lecture but he was able to meet him anyway because he was in several of my classes. Not only did Kelly of Kelbysews create an extra metal frame class on her own time, she set up during open sew to help us all finish - thank you - I love mine.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations.
Finished:2
Metal frame Frippery
Serger Washi case
Progress:1
Retreat Goodies
New Projects:1
Embroidery project
Create with my SS Swag
No Progress:
Everything Else
Happy Quilting, Karen

9 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your projects as you made them.

    Glad you arrived home safely. Still enjoying that lovely stash that followed you home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your foundation piecing...beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love your SS projects! I bought some Frippery & was going to make a frame purse with some of it too - yours is very fun! It was fantastic to meet you, Karen! Glad we were able to spend some time together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your projects . wish i could have gone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so envious!! Can't wait to hear the full recap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that block. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!