Monday, December 10, 2012

Another First for Me

There is always room in life for more firsts don't you think? I decided to link up to the Handmade with Love Tutorial contest at Pink Chalk Studio with my Tassels Quilt - just for fun to play along.  Writing a tutorial is harder than I thought it would be back in March when I took it on - more power to those who do it often.
Tassels Quilt at our MQG Retreat
It's fun to see the winners from last year and the entries for this.  They will be announcing the top picks and opening up to viewer voting on Wednesday.

Madrona Road MQG Challenge

I'm so so excited to participate in this challenge and to see what other members of the MQG are doing.  Being part of the big picture means a lot to me and continues to connect my creative process across the globe which is pretty cool.

I think these two Michael Miller Starfruit and Periwinkle from my stash play nicely and have an order of more Madrona Road arriving today so I can make a good sized quilt.  Pretty sure the design in my head is the one I'm sticking to but until it's cut there always a chance I'll change my mind.

3 comments:

  1. I love Madrona Road! Have fun with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt & I agree about the tutorials! Can't wait to see what you do with Madrona Road...that's a line that's really grown on me!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!