Friday, May 17, 2013

SBAMQG in the NEWS

SBAMQG in the NEWS by capitolaquilter
SBAMQG in the NEWS, a photo by capitolaquilter on Flickr. 
I'm so proud to be VP of our Modern Quilt Guild and part of  our recent 31 Quilts in 31 Days charity drive.  It's exciting to have a little bit of press to share with the world.  Here's a link to the online version

On the topic of being published, I wanted to give a shout out to two of my quilty friends for making the cover of a magazine! The ever so talented Pam Rocco has an amazing 4 page spread in Quilters Newsletter's special edition of Best Weekend Quilts and mentions SBAMQG and reading blogs in the article (I'm just gonna assume she meant mine LOL), a photo of Spine (a personal favorite) that hung in our small group display at the show and instructions for Floating X quilt along with a picture of my friend Carolyn are all featured. 

And then there's my virtual friend Linda from Portland who blogs at Surrounded by Scraps from F+F=AMS bee who I first "met" during the I heart the 80's swap so long ago. I'm always amazed how similar our taste is and love her work. You can find her yummy green and orange lock 'n' bolt quilt on the cover of Simple Quilts with directions on how to make it inside.   If you're shop hopping at Cool Cottons this weekend be sure to tell her hello from me! I only wish I was in Portland at Market like my lucky friend Anne of PlayCrafts who helped to set up the booth for Heather Ross - yeah, you got it, I know famous people!
For my Finish It Up Friday linky at Crazy Mom Quilts, I've got two jumbo xPlus blocks to share. I'm in love with the way they turned out.  You can get a sense of scale in this picture.

I'm hoping to be part of Blogger's Quilt Festival like I was HERE with Old Italian Block and HERE with Catalyst - but for now I'm off to pack for BamQ's retreat - have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I think your blocks are pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that's so exciting to see your guild get props for the 31 quilts charity drive you all did! And second, thanks for the shout-out and the love, Karen! I, too, am sometimes amazed at how in sync our tastes seem to be! Hopefully one of these days we'll get to share in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your x&+ blocks, need to add them to my ever growing list of quilts to make! And congrats on the press for your charity drive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those blocks are cool, and what a worthy cause!!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much love those blocks, they reside on my to do list. Your fabric choices are really awesome! You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!