Friday, November 15, 2013

Fruit Salad and Tunic two


Schoolhouse Tunic
I feel a little like goldilocks making my first attempt at the Schoolhouse tunic too small and my second too big..but I think with a tiny bit of tweaking it will be just right.

Finally a FINISH - yes, binding is sewn on and I'm happy with how Fruit Salad came out.  These blocks are from NuBees, 3x6 and 4x5 and it's a good thing they aren't perishable because they've been sitting around a while.
I had grand hopes of sneaking off to the local Farmer's Market and draping it over some bananas, raspberries, papayas (you get the idea) with it for a proper photo shoot but since that didn't happen this tossed over the sewing chair shot will have to do.  (edit: I added this display shot) 
Hanging at the December Quilt Show - Gifted
Wonky Braid Block
My other two finishes are for f+f2 November and here's a one of them.  
If the formatting is a little wonky on this post it's because I've finally joined the rest of the world and own an iPhone - getting all of the apps to talk to each other is challenging but will be awesome!

Linking up to Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts and for the FAL Q4 linky party.

4 comments:

  1. I really love your quilt! The colours are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new tunic, and as soon as you wash it, I don't think it will be too big anymore! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plum is your color! And any tips for how you stay so slender? That's my next project: health & fitness. I'm also trying to figure out the wonky braid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really good combination of colors in your quilt. I want to have one because there are kids in the house so if they leave any stains of juice, coffee or something then also it wouldn't be easy to see it on multicolored quilt.

    Regards,
    Finn Felton
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!