Friday, February 1, 2013

Finish It Up Friday and Flickr

Echino Tote -backEchino QAYG Tote-insideEchino QAYG Tote - frontF+F2 possible dusty pull 2nd setF+F2 a possible dusty pull (one of two)"No Inherent Sense of Direction"
FMQ detail of curved arrowsNo ISOD back"Driving in Circles" -  finishedMadrona Road FMQ progressphoto shootDriving In Circles: Back
Fussy Cut BindingDriving In Circles FMQ completeFMQ completea Sandwich kind of DayLa BocaSew Day - the sequel
Sew Day - the sequelSew Day - the sequelSew Day - the sequelSew Day - the sequelSew Day - the sequelSew Day - the sequel

I discovered the "share" button on flickr while my photostream is open. I swear I learn something new every day.  When I hit the button I thought only the top row of pictures was going to show up - oh well,  much more to learn apparently. I crack myself up!

Finish it Up Friday Linky Party - check it out!  I'm excited about my two:

Next month our local Quilt Guild will be having their 35th annual show. PVQA is a wonderful resource and I enjoy the lectures and workshops. They have embraced our Modern Quilt Guild inviting us to exhibit again this year.

SBAMQG is in the process of collecting goodies for a donation basket at the show and I thought a QAYG Echno tote would be nice to make. There are bits of other modern fabric scattered in and it is lined with a lovely Art Gallery.


My other finish was "No Inherent Sense of Direction" blogged about in full detail here. How dorky am I that I took a screen shot of the MQG's facebook page when they included it?! Did you make the deadline the selection is stunning.  I'm so proud of our MQG member and the work they produced - way to represent!
No ISOD quilting detail on the back
For something new... I had the pleasure of pulling some dusty fabrics for Linda's F+F2 February blocks, a very exciting chance to try out a new technique of circles. She makes the most amazing quilts and has the best taste (because it reminds me of mine LOL).  I also have Deb's modified Road to Tennessee block fabric to pull for February MoStash but since it's aqua and yellow those are still haven't been put away from Tassels so I'm good to go.


More on the horizon but tomorrow I get to play in San Fran with some friends with a trip to the DeYoung Museum. Last time I was there I shared this Sidewalk to Catwalk  post. All this time later, I'm still amazed and inspired and unfortunately I'm still not a garment sewist either.

A couple of my friends from MQG are lucky ducks and spending the weekend with the fabulous Heather Ross and Gertie.  Wish I could have pulled off going but I'll have to live vicariously through them - have a blast Anne & Julia!

2 comments:

  1. Man you've been busy!! Thank you for the good time wishes!! I did have a great time, and I'll tell you all about it next time I see you...whether you want me to or not! lol

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!