Monday, April 29, 2013

Tweet Tweet Two complete

Tweet Tweet Two complete by capitolaquilter
Just in time for the April link up party for ALYoF (a lovely year of finishes)You can see my goal post here. I was pretty confident this one would be done since I had already committed to doing so for the 31 quilts in 31 days charity drive and yet it's still a relief.   It is also the first of 8 in my 2013 FAL Q2 mosaic. 
In the spirit of trying new things, I attached the binding on by machine for the first time on 3 of the 4 quilts that I'm donating. One binding was precut at 2.25 and I really need that full 2.5 cut to make it work otherwise I would have gone for all four.  As much as I enjoy stitching down by hand I'd rather have the process more efficient and be able to donate more.
For this one the bobbin thread was yellow and the top a light brown.  It was a bonus that the flannel helps hide the stitch on the back because of the texture.

The binding itself is a scrappy mix of fabric used on the front including this corner of  the light. If I were brilliant I would have fussy cut the stars to show...

Tweet Tweet Two: first of 2013 FAL Q2 only 7 more to go.

In case you missed Tweet Tweet Two's sister quilt, here's the predecessor Tweet Tweet Twist a charity quilt from last month.

Pleased as punch. :)

3 comments:

  1. I like it! So funky and I agree completely about 2.5" for machine binding and so you can make more. My guild is making nap mats and I am trying to kick a bunch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-mazing! :D Your binding looks so pro! I may just have to give this a try. HRM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I too have been sewing my bindings down, I love how much faster it is!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!