Monday, March 16, 2015

Blogiversay and QuiltCon-part two

Seems only right that I write a special blog post on my 3 year blogiversay before the clock strikes midnight - so here you go, another scattered bits installment. 

More QuiltCon 

The Queen of Volunteers Colleen  deserves a crown to go with her super hero cape !  
Registration was really great - signing up for a shift in Pasadena for sure.
The booths were entertaining and interactive. 
The lecture halls lined with stunning charity quilts. Ours is at the end and I love that I'm not sure which block was mine because it felt that collaborative and became a "whole"  
Enjoyed the early morning walk through of the Special Exhibits and learned a lot.
I'll admit that I did get turned around with the alternative grid layout of the show and may have seen the same quilt more than once or missed a few in my disoriented travels but it was worth it.
There is a better sense of focus on a few quilts at a time than viewing them in a straight row. Less tendency to be distracted about what's next.

Here is a small sampling on ones that caught my eye: 
The ribbons were each a work of art.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 3 year blogging anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Third Year! Looks like QuiltCon was a lot of fun--hoping to catch it in Pasadena

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see this again. I really enjoyed volunteering too. The hours flew by. I hope you have a great time at the Pasadena show too! Here's to another three years of happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary!!! Congrats on the milestone! Thanks for sharing about your QuiltCon experiences. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your "Blogiversary"... oh, how I've envied all the people that got to go to QuiltCon. The workshops, the quilts, the networking... I'm sure it was a blast.

    Greetings from Germany!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!