Sunday, August 12, 2012

Complete: Starred Swoon

Starred Swoon made it to the porch for a picture!  Funny enough, I'm ahead of schedule on this one - can you believe it?
Starred Swoon complete 65x65
When I started the Swoon QAL on flickr with Katy at I'm a Ginger Monkey my plans were simple and hopes were high.

Big Pile - Big Plans
 Here it is 7 months later and the group is now called "the swooning on a hop along" with over a thousand members and nearly three thousand photos.

Front and Back - Love them together
Despite the bumps and detours involved with this quilt, I'm happy to have it done and please with the results.
Quilted with Light Beige#2310 Aurifil 50wt
The AMH Innocent Crush Shattered Punch in pink made for the perfect binding and the Super-sized and Mini-me Starred flannel back is certainly cozy.

Super Sized and Mini Me

Specs:

Camille Roskelley's Swoon (modified)
Back: original design
size: 65x65
Warm and Natural batting 
Kona Bone, AMH Innocent Crush, Tula Pink Neptune and others
Aurifil thread 50wt piecing and quilting
Wiggle and straight stitch quilted
Babylock Serenade and Symphony
part of Swoon QAL, My Precious and Finish Along FAL Qtr 3

Things I learned:

Buy enough background for the entire quilt and keep it together.  When I packed away the project to take a break I didn't keep the remaining background of Kona Bone from fabric.com with the other parts and must have used it or misplaced it. My LQS Hart's had it in stock but the dye lot was quite different.  I used it anyway but in certain lighting it's pretty noticeable.

Baste Better.  I was a little lazy with this step and wish I'd been more diligent.

Keep Going... when plan A is a miss, move on to plan B and work your way down the alphabet all the way to Z if need be.

check out At the End of the Hallway August linky party with Katie at from the blue chair - feels great to have a true finish on a big project for the month.

9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful....I love the back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a pretty spectacular finish! It looks wonderful & I love what I see of the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your philosophy, kind of "Keep calm, and quilt on," of moving from planA to plan B, all the way to plan Z if necessary. That's the fun of quilting, to start with an idea and see how it ends up.
    You've completed another charming quilt! And your dog peeking out the window to see what's going on is pretty cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw this on FB and had to come visit you! This is just beautiful! Great work!! AND I love the doggy in the window on your picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!! This is adorable, well done! and congrats on the finish...
    ha ha ...your puppy is so inquisitive...double adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic finish! I love the little stars with the swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mini stars look great in the quilt! What a good way to stretch the size a little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing! I absolutely love the way you used the little stars - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how you put your own spin on this! I love it with the smaller stars.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!