Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WIP=OIB

My OIB "Old Italian Block" Update:
Finally hit the halfway mark with 65 blocks done - they aren't all trimmed and won't fit on the design wall but here's a peak.

Pattern from the book Rotary Cutting Revolution
Progress hit a slump and then last weekend I got back at it. Chain piecing on my new Symphony with the pivot feature is pretty sweet. Feels good to be over the hump on hump day - Linking up to WIP with guest blogger Bethany (Make Me A Quilt) at Freshly Pieced and Plume and June's link up.

Swoon is sandwiched and I started to straight line quilt it but took a seam ripper to that idea.  Now I'm thinking a wiggle line inspired by this pillow by my flickr friend Melissa aka Mamma Missa.

How's the week been treating you??

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! And a great mix of prints and batiks. Congrats on getting over the hump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OIB looks fabulous. I love the intensity of the colors - very rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. The colors are amazing that you're working with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is so striking. The thumbnail really caught my eye. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really neat interplay of fabrics going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love!! Th interaction of colours is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really coming along, Karen! I can't wait to see the finished OIB top at next month's meeting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swoon is sandwiched?! OH YAY. Your blocks are looking great - so glad for your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the grouping of light and dark, you get a great effect. I was trying something on a standard, but someone took my heart without a backpack with this work in progress, one day I collect new fabrics and realize my project with this pattern:

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sbL5tj40sFA/T--D48KTqOI/AAAAAAAABqg/aPxRTd_FYTE/s1600/DSCF2232.JPG

    Inspiring to see her.

    (forgive the bad english, google translator's fault;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!