Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday - a productive week

WIP Wednesday with guest blogger Michelle  at CityHouseStudio has some amazing inspiration so be sure to check it out.

It's been a busy week despite the lingering migraines trying to keep me down.  The pieced back for Old Italian Block aka: OIB is now together.
Here's another shot of the front in case you missed it:
Ready to sandwich and quilt.

I'm in love with the F+F=AMS block choice (I say that every month) and pleased to have mailed them off while still in the month of August.

I added the border to "Cat Chevron for Kitty" and like how the center now floats and the little fish look like they are swimming around in circles.  Have you ever seen the sardines at the Monterey Bay Aquarium? - my kids loved that tank - so mesmerizing. 
I've been admiring the Quilt Con blocks featured each morning in the newsletter and today in the Pick Up Stick grouping one of our South Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild members Jenny was included -  and her husband Paul's Squarish Piecing block seen below on the design wall- congrats to them both - way to represent!
July SBAMQG meeting Quilt Con Challenge
Hope you're all having a wonderful week.  My boys are back in classes although they drive themselves to college which isn't the same as holding their hand and walking them to class like the old days.  Back to school around these parts also means crazy traffic jams on my commute to the office so I'd better sign off and get on the road.

WIP Weekly Status Update:

Finished
Solid Improv Puzzle Blocks for F+F=AMSB (mailed)
Progress
Wedding Quilt - Old Italian block (ready to sandwich)
Quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids (most parts done)
Modern Scrappy Bits swap (fabric and pattern chosen)
Not your Granny's Bee (white done, others cut and ready to sew)
New Projects
Cat Chevron
Chevron Pouch
No Progress
Sew Intertwined QAL in AMH Field Study
HTABQ's Japanese Charm Swap
Make a "We Eloped" Quilt
Make A Baby Boy Quilt
Secret Partner MQG pillow swap
Alpaca Pillow 
...and endless others....

2 comments:

  1. OIB is just so amazing and of course I sure like your improv skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've got in the works! The OIB is very captivating, and the chevron kitty quilt--oh so cute. I gotta try that one sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know that you stopped by - leave a comment and make my day!